Table of Contents
1. Why it’s Important to Learn to Type in Arabic
Learning a new language is made therefore much easier when you ’ re able to read and write/type it. This way, you will :
- Get the most out of any dictionary and Arabic language apps on your devices
- Expand your ability to find Arabic websites and use the various search engines
- Be able to communicate much better online with your Arabic teachers and friends, and look super cool in the process!
2. Setting up Your Computer and Mobile Devices for Arabic
It takes only a few steps to set up any of your devices to read and type in Arabic. It ’ second super-easy on your mobile telephone and tablet, and a elementary serve on your computer .
On your calculator, you ’ ll first activate the onscreen keyboard to work with. You ’ ll only be using your mouse or touchpad/pointer for this keyboard. then, you ’ ll need to change the terminology setting to Arabic, so all text will appear in Arabic. You could besides opt to use on-line keyboards rather. Read on for the link !
On your mobile devices, it ’ mho even easier—you alone have to change the keyboard. We besides provide a few alternatives in the form of on-line keyboards and downloadable apps .
3. How to Activate an Onscreen Keyboard on Your Computer
1. Go to System Preferences > Keyboard .
2. Check the option “ Show Keyboard & Character Viewers in Menu Bar. ”
3. You ’ ll see a newly picture on the veracious english of the main browning automatic rifle ; pawl on it and select “ Show Keyboard Viewer. ”
1. Go to Start > Settings > Easy Access > Keyboard .
2. Turn on the choice for “ Onscreen Keyboard. ”
3- Online Keyboards
If you don ’ thymine want to activate your computer ’ mho onscreen keyboard, you besides have the choice to use on-line keyboards. hera are some good options :
4- Add-ons of Extensions for Browsers
alternatively of an on-line keyboard, you could besides choose to download a Google reference to your browser for a terminology input tool. The Google Input Tools extension allows users to use input tools in Chrome web pages, for model .
4. How to Change the Language Settings to Arabic on Your Computer
now that you ’ re all plant to work with an onscreen keyboard on your calculator, it ’ south time to download the Arabic lyric clique for your manoeuver system of option :
- Windows 8 (and higher)
- Windows 7
- Mac (OS X and higher)
1- Windows 8 (and higher)
- Go to “Settings” > “Change PC Settings” > “Time & Language” > “Region & Language.”
- Click on “Add a Language” and select “Arabic.” Here you have multiple options of different countries. Choose “Arabic (Egypt)” unless you have a certain preference. This will add it to your list of languages. It will appear as “(العربية (مصر” or “Arabic (Egypt)” with the note “language pack available.”
- Click on “Arabic (Egypt)” > “Options” > “Download.” It’ll take a few minutes to download and install the language pack.
- As a keyboard layout, you’ll only need the one marked as “Arabic (101)” You can ignore other keyboard layouts.
2- Windows 7
- Go to “Start” > “Control Panel” > “Clock, Language, and Region.”
- On the “Region and Language” option, click on “Change Keyboards or Other Input Methods.”
- On the “Keyboards and Languages” tab, click on “Change Keyboards” > “Add” > “Arabic.”
- Expand the option of “Arabic” and then expand the option “Keyboard.” Select the keyboard layout marked as “Arabic.” You can ignore other keyboard layouts. Click “OK” and then “Apply.”
3- Mac (OS X and higher)
If you can ’ triiodothyronine see the linguistic process listed, please make certain to select the right option from System Preferences > Language and Region
1. From the Apple Menu ( top left corner of the screen ) go to System Preferences > Keyboard .
2. Click the Input Sources pill and a list of available keyboards and input methods will appear.
Read more : Why You Can’t Install Programs Windows 10
3. Click on the summation button, choice “ Arabic, ” and add the “ Arabic ” keyboard .
5. Activating the Arabic Keyboard on Your Mobile Phone and Tablet
Texting and searching in Arabic will greatly help you master the language ! Adding a Arabic keyboard on your mobile call and/or pill is super-easy .
You could besides opt to download an app rather of adding a keyboard. Read on for our suggestions .
Below are the instructions for both io and Android mobile phones and tablets .
1. Go to Settings > General > Keyboard .
2. Tap “ Keyboards ” and then “ Add New Keyboard. ”
3. Select “ Arabic ” from the list .
4. When typing, you can switch between languages by tapping and holding on the icon to reveal the keyboard language menu .
1. Go to Settings > General Management > Language and Input > On-screen Keyboard ( or “ virtual Keyboard ” on some devices ) > Samsung Keyboard .
2. Tap “ Language and Types ” or “ + Select Input Languages ” depending on the device and then “ MANAGE INPUT LANGUAGES ” if available .
3. Select “ العربية – Arabic ” from the tilt .
4. When typing, you can switch between languages by swiping the space barricade.
Read more : Why You Can’t Install Programs Windows 10
3- Applications for Mobile Phones
If you don ’ metric ton want to add a keyboard on your mobile phone or pill, this is a beneficial app to consider :
6. Arabic Keyboard Typing Tips
Typing in Arabic can be identical challenging at first ! consequently, we added here a few useful tips to make it easier to use your Arabic keyboard .
- Pressing the shift button in combination with letters give you the variations of the letter.
- In some cases, it’s hard to predict which letter you’ll get when you combine shift with a letter. For example, the Y button, which in Arabic is the غ letter, produces a إ letter when pressed while holding down the shift button.
- Most vowels can be produced by pressing the letters on the left side of the keyboard while holding the shift button.
- Most people can’t find the ذ letter at first. It’s located to the left of number 1 and under the “Esc” button on most keyboards.
2- Mobile Phones
- Holding down certain buttons such as ا and ي gives you options to choose betwen variations of these letters.
- Don’t forget to type in spaces between words, or else words will connect the wrong way.
7. How to Practice Typing Arabic
As you credibly know by now, learning Arabic is all about practice, practice, and more practice ! Strengthen your Arabic type skills by writing comments on any of our example pages, and our teacher will answer. If you ’ re a ArabicPod101 Premium PLUS member, you can directly text our teacher via the My Teacher app—use your Arabic keyboard to do this !