When you see a Red Cross sign next to the audio picture in the arrangement tray, you know you can not listen to any sound on your computer. And imaging life without music, & melodies isn ’ triiodothyronine a pleasant sight .
With that being said, if you have run into an error that says, No Audio Output Device is installed . We are here to help. This troubleshooting guide will explain the best ways to fix no audio end product device installed in Windows 10 .
Read Also : How To Fix USB Ports not Working Issue in Windows PC
Reasons For No Audio Devices Are Installed Windows 10, error
Pinpointing one specific cause for the audio end product device not working international relations and security network ’ t easy. however, after researching why people face this problem, we were able to sort out some common causes. here ’ s the list of them :
- Corrupt Windows Update.
- Missing, outdated, or corrupt audio drivers.
- Disabled playback device.
- An unpaired wireless device with a PC.
- Playback device connected to the incorrect port.
now that we know what can lead to no audio device erroneousness, let ’ s learn how to fix it in Windows 10.
Ways to Fix “No audio Output Device is installed” Error
Fix 1. Restart the system
many times when you change hardware configurations, the audio device might stop working. To avoid this, never attach any device while the personal computer is booting up. however, if you did connect a peripheral when the Windows wasn ’ thymine in full loaded, plainly restart the device. This should help fix no audio devices are installed .
Fix 2. Run Audio Troubleshooter
To resolve versatile problems, Windows 10 offers an in-built troubleshooter. Using it, you can get rid of audio-related issues. To use it, follow the steps below :
1. Right-click the volume picture in the system tray
2. Select Troubleshoot sound problems from the context menu
3. Wait for the troubleshooter to detect the trouble with the sound recording device .
4. If you have multiple devices, select the audio device you want to troubleshoot > Next
Note: Ensure the device to be tested is correctly plugged in .
5. If any problems are detected, they will be fixed. besides, the troubleshooter will give tips to improve the system ’ s sound .
6. once all the suggested changes are made, test the audio. It should work, and you should no longer face the, no audio output device is installed, error .
Fix 3. Update outdated audio drivers
To avoid facing common Windows errors, keep drivers updated. This enables the arrangement to work by rights and support third-party devices. normally, Windows 10 has no sound recording output signal device installed, which is caused by defective or disused drivers .
Note : – You can update drivers both manually and automatically. The early is time-consuming and bad while the latter is easy, effective, and trustworthy .
To manually update the driver, you will need to visit the manufacturer ’ s web site and download the adjust driver compatible with your operate arrangement and the device you are using. If you are a novice or don ’ t like looking for the right driver yourself, we have an easy way. Try using Advanced Driver Updater, a popular driver updater with a huge database of drivers. Using it in no time, you can scan the organization for outdated drivers and get the latest and most compatible driver installed .
Related: Advanced Driver Updater Review
Recommended – Automatically Update Drivers
To automatically update the driver, follow the steps below :
1. Download and install Advanced Driver Updater
2. Launch the driver updating instrument.
3. Click Start Scan immediately to scan the system for outdated drivers
4. Wait for the scan to complete .
5. Once you have the scan solution, snap Update driver next to Audio driver and update it .
Note : – Using the Pro version of Advanced Driver Updater by clicking Update All, you can update all outdated drivers at once. however, if you are using the trial adaptation, you will have to update each driver individually. furthermore, the paid translation of the product comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee and discipline technical support .
6. After updating the driver restart the system to apply changes, the audio should now be working .
Fix 4. Disconnect and reconnect the external output device
Are you using an external sound recording output device ? Try detaching it from the system restart the personal computer and reconnect it. This should help fix no audio output device installed in Windows 10 .
If this doesn ’ t aid, move to the following step .
Fix 5. Update Windows
Updating Windows can sometimes destroy the sound recording device, but it can besides fix it. As a leave, we recommend upgrading Windows to see if it resolves the consequence of no audio output device installed. To do sol, take these steps :
1. Press Windows + I to open Settings
2. Click Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for updates
3. Let Windows look for available updates, if available you will get Download & install option, chink on it to update Windows .
In accession to the above steps, to install driver updates click the View optional updates option, if you see it. See if you can find any update related to the audio device and download and install it .
Note: You need an active internet connection to update Windows .
Fix 6. Use add legacy hardware option
The error No audio output device is installed Windows 10 can be fixed via Device Manager. To do indeed, follow the steps below :
1. Press Windows + R to open the Run window
2. Type devmgmt.msc > oklahoma and open Device Manager
3. Look for the Sound, television, and plot controllers section and double-click it
4. Thereafter, pawl legal action from the peak banish and blue-ribbon Add bequest hardware. As shown in the screenshot below :
5. This will open Add Hardware Wizard, chink Next
6. Select Search for and install hardware automatically > Next .
7. Click Next if you know the hardware mannequin, you want to install .
8. In the straight window scroll devour and find Sound, video, and game controllers > Next .
9. Choose the manufacturer, model number of the device > Next > Finish
10. Go back to Device Manager, right-click your sound recording device > Enable .
now check if the audio should be working, if not uninstall the sound recording driver and restart the system to fix no audio devices are installed. To learn how to do that, move on to the adjacent gradation .
Must Read : Windows 11 Keeps Crashing ? How To Fix It ?
Fix 7. Uninstall the audio driver
sometimes, even after updating to the latest driver using Add bequest hardware the issue with no audio output device is installed Windows 10 persists. In such a case uninstalling the driver is recommended. To do then, follow the steps below :
1. Press Windows + R to open the Run window
2. Type devmgmt.msc > Ok to open Device Manager
3. Look for Sound, video, and crippled accountant
4. Double snap to expand it
5. Right-click the audio device you are using > Uninstall Device
6. You will now see a warning message pawl Uninstall to remove the sound recording device .
7. Similarly, double pawl Audio inputs and outputs > select the device you are using > right-click > Uninstall device > confirm the military action
8. Restart the system to apply changes. The audio problem should now be fixed .
Fix 8. Check hardware issues
frequently, when facing no audio end product device is installed on Windows 10, we forget to check for the proper cable joining.
therefore, if nothing has worked so far please check if all the wires are properly connected. besides if it is a radio device it should be attached .
Fix 9. Re-enable Sound Card
Another way to fix no audio consequence on Windows 10 is to disable and re-enable the sound menu .
1. receptive Device Manager .
2. Expand Sound, television and game controllers > right-click audio device > Disable device .
3. Wait for a few seconds and then enable the Sound wag .
4. Reboot the personal computer, and see if this fixes the exit or not .
Fix 10. Disable HDMI Sound
If you use an HDMI cable for audio judge disabling it and use the headphones or speakers .
1. Right-click the volume icon portray in the system tray > choice Sounds .
2. Click the Playback check > right-click the audio device you are using > Disable.
Fix 11. Replace defective sound card
If none of the above solutions work, there are chances that the good card is defective. We suggest you get it checked and fix no audio output device installed in Windows 10 .
Additional Tip for Realtek Sound Card Users
If the sound tease you are using is from Realtek, to fix the issues, try disabling front control panel jack detection. This helps fix unplug headphones and speaker errors .
1. Launch Control Panel > go to Hardware and Sound > Realtek HD Audio Manager .
2. Click Connector settings and uncheck the box next to Disable front panel jack detection.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why does my computer say no audio output device installed?
The chief reason for “ no sound recording output device is installed in Windows 10 ” is bribe, missing, or outdated drivers. The best way to fix this erroneousness is to update sound drivers. You can do it manually, but it will be time-consuming and need technical skills. however, if you want to save yourself from going through this daunting task can use Advanced Driver Updater .
2. How do I reinstall the audio output device?
To reinstall the audio end product device follow these steps :
1. urge Windows + R and open the Run windowpane .
2. type devmgmt.msc > bid Enter key .
3. Scroll polish and look for Sound, video and game controllers .
4. double pawl on the category > right-click on the audio device > Update driver .
5. Choose Search automatically for updated driver software and check for an available update .
6. wait for it to install and restart your personal computer .
3. How do you fix no speakers or headphones are plugged in Windows 10?
To fix no speaker or headphones are plugged in Windows 10, error, follow these steps :
The first thing you should do to fix the write out is to check the headphones and speakers. If they are defective you know what to do. To check the audio device, connect it with another calculator and see if they work. If they are working all right, try the following fixes .
1. restart personal computer
2. Run the built-in Windows Audio Troubleshooter .
3. Re-enable the fathom batting order .
4. Update the Sound card driver .
5. Disconnect and re-connect the external output device .
6. disable HDMI .
7. update Windows .
8. Use Add bequest hardware option .
9. disable & re-enable the audio device .
10. Uninstall and re-install the Audio device .
11. disable front jack detection ( Realtek Sound Card )
4. Why my PC Cannot detect speakers?
If you are unable to see speakers in the device number, there ’ s a possibility that it is disabled. To fix this, right-click on the blank sphere > select Show disable devices .
future, right-click the speaker > Enable .
If this doesn ’ t help try updating the sound driver .
5. How do I get Windows 10 to recognize my speakers?
1. Right-click the sound icon in the system tray
2. choose Sounds .
3. Click the Playback check > select the speaker you want to use > suction stop Set Default > Apply > Ok.
6. How do I install system speaker drivers?
The easiest way to install the latest driver for the system speaker is to use Advanced Driver Updater .
We hope using the steps explained above you were able to fix no sound issues, and we were able to answer how to fix no sound recording output device is installed in Windows 10. In case you have any questions, regarding Advanced Driver Updater do contact our support team at hold @ systweak.com