What is Dolby?
Before we get correct to it, a bit of background. basically, Dolby is an sound recording compression technology – it makes sound like movie soundtracks, which is designed for huge rooms and huge, cinema-style speakers – and compresses it for our watch pleasure at home. All this is done without compromising on audio quality.
What’s the difference between Dolby Audio and Dolby Atmos?
Dolby Audio is a second audio engineering that makes elusive enhancements to whatever you ’ re watch — be it a clean event, streamed movie or flush a DVD or Blu-ray — so that it sounds by and large better. On the other hand, Dolby Atmos is a 3D immersive engineering that allows a speaker or speaker system to ‘ whoremaster ’ your mind into thinking that you ’ ra ‘ surrounded ’ by sound – it basically gives you the watching a movie in the film experience, where it seems like you ’ re surrounded by speakers, tied when you ’ re not .
Install Dolby Audio on Windows 11/10
You can download and install Dolby Audio on Windows 10/11 device in either of two ways. We ’ ll research this subject under the methods outlined below in this section as follows .
Download and install Dolby Audio from Microsoft Store
To download and install Dolby Audio on your Windows 10/11 device from Microsoft Store, do the stick to :
- Open Microsoft Store. If you’re having issues opening Microsoft Store, this guide can help you.
- Search for dolby audio.
- Alternatively, you can access this Dolby Audio page link on Microsoft Store.
- Now, click the Get button to download and install Dolby Audio on your device.
Download and install Dolby Audio as Desktop app
This is a two-step process that includes :
Read more : How to install Windows 10
- Install the Dolby Digital Plus AA Driver
- Run the Setup File for Dolby Digital Plus AA
Let ’ s see the process in detail .
1] Install the Dolby Digital Plus AA Driver
To download and install the Dolby Digital Plus AA Driver on your Windows 10/11 device, do the follow :
- Search for and download the Dolby Digital Plus Advance Audio archive package from dolby.com.
- Unzip the archive package.
- Next, disable driver signature enforcement.
- Now that you have driver signature enforcement disabled, open Device Manager.
- In Device Manager, scroll down through the list of installed devices and expand the Sound, video and game controllers section.
- Right-click Realtek(R) Audio and select Update driver.
- Click Browse my computer for driver software.
- Click Let me pick from a list of available drivers.
- Click Have Disk.
- Click Browse.
- In the Locate File window, double-click the Dolby Digital Plus Advance Audio folder.
- In the folder, double-click the folder for your system architecture.
- Now, double-click the Drivers folder.
- In the Drivers folder, double-click the Digital Plus AA file.
- Click OK on the Install From Disk prompt.
- Now, select Dolby Digital Plus Advance Audio.
- Click Next.
- Click Yes on Update Driver Warning prompt.
- Restart your computer to complete the update process.
immediately, continue with Step 2 below.
2] Run the Setup File for Dolby Digital Plus AA
After your personal computer has completed boot, to run the setup file for Dolby Digital Plus AA on your Windows 10/11 device, do the watch :
- Open File Explorer.
- Navigate to the location where you extracted the zip file in step 1 above.
- At the location, double-click the Dolby Digital Plus Advanced Audio folder.
- In the folder, double-click the folder for your system architecture (x64).
- Now, double-click the Setup folder.
- Double-click the DolbyDigitalPlusAAx64 file to run the setup on your Windows 10/11 computer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install Dolby Digital Plus on your PC.
That ’ s it on how to install Dolby Audio on Windows 11/10 !