Installing MathType 7 for Windows and Mac
|Windows 7 and newer, including Windows 10||Mac OS X El Capitan and newer, including macOS Mojave ( Catalina users see warning below )|
|If using MathType with Pages ( et.al. ) on macOS 10.14 Mojave, please make surely that you are using Pages 7.3, Keynote 8.3, and Numbers 5.3 or late. If not, please update to these versions .|
|If using MathType with Microsoft Office it must be|
|office 2007 or newer, including Office 2019 and Office 365||agency 2011 or newer ( translation 15.39 or newer ), including Office 2019 and Office 365. For Office 201|
MathType with macOS 10.15 Catalina: Please see our information page for using MathType with Catalina.
Download MathType 7 To install MathType die MathType Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook, then run the MathType Setup Program by double-clicking the file you downloaded. This file will be named MathType-mac-en.pkg for Mac and MathType-win-
You can Evaluate MathType for 30 days by choosing that choice after facility. The full adaptation of MathType will be installed, and you will enjoy the lapp functionality as the unlock version. When you open MathType during the trial time period, a dialogue will appear showing the count of days remaining in your trial : You may besides manually check the issue of days remaining, by going to MathType Help menu ( alone in MathType itself, not on the MathType tab in Word ) and clicking About : You can unlock MathType at any clock time with a valid product keystone, without reinstalling.
Activate the product
You may activate MathType either from the MathType window itself, or from the MathType tab in Word. After facility, when you inaugural open MathType you will have the opportunity to enter your product key if you have purchased one, or to begin a 30-day trial if you do n’t have a product key :
Activating during the evaluation period
If you are evaluating the merchandise and late want to activate it with a buy product key, choose the Unlock/Register MathType instruction on MathType Help menu ( not on the MathType tab in Word, but in MathType itself ) and enter the product key into the dialogue that opens. The product key is on the requital confirmation network page and besides in the ordering confirmation electronic mail you received .
- once you ‘ve obtained a product key, enter your information .
- In order to receive rid technical defend and significant notices, register your copy of MathType by entering your e-mail and ensuring the check box that allows the installer to send your information to WIRIS is selected .
To activate from Word: After clicking the Unlock/Register MathType command in Word, you will arrive hera on this documentation foliate. To actually unlock and/or record MathType, go back to the MathType yellow journalism in Word and click Inline to open MathType. then in MathType ‘s Help menu, cluck Unlock/Register. Choosing that control from MathType itself quite than from Word will allow you to proceed as describe below .
Expired MathType trial
once the evaluation time period has expired, most MathType functions are deactivated. When you open MathType you will get this notice : If you choose to Continue in deactivate mode, your options are limited :
- One thing you can not do in deactivate mode is edit the equality .
- One thing you can do is to open MathType Cut and Copy Preferences and choose a text format ( LaTeX or MathML ). You may copy the equation in one of those formats and paste it elsewhere. The reason this feature remains enabled is it allows you to continue using your equations elsewhere, possibly in a WordPress world wide web page or blog, or in an LMS such as Canvas or D2L .
- If you ‘re in Word, you may convert the equation to a Word equation. When you double-click an equation in the document, you ‘ll see this dialogue : If you click Cancel, you ‘re returned to the document and nothing is changed. If you click Yes, MathType will convert the equation into an OMML ( i.e., MS Office ) equation, allowing you to continue using your equation and editing it if you need to. If you click No and “ Continue in inactivate mode ”, you ‘ll see the equation opened in MathType but with no toolbars : Proceed as described in the second bullet above.
If your license expires
You ‘ll find more information about this capable on the Using MathType page, but if your MathType license expires it will behave as if it were an die 30-day test. You can re-activate MathType by purchasing a new merchandise cardinal from the Wiris Store.
MathType setup dialog
This dialogue allows you to either install MathType or remove an existing MathType facility. If you ‘re installing for the first time the Remove button will be disabled.
Click this option to install MathType to the folder shown in the Destination Folder box.
Use this area to change the folder on your hard phonograph record where Setup will install most of MathType files. Use the Browse clitoris to navigate to a booklet. Setup will besides install fonts and system files into allow system folders on your hard harrow. Click OK to begin the installation process. Click Exit to terminate Setup and abort the initiation.
Click this choice to remove MathType from the folder shown in the Remove MathType 7 from box.
Remove MathType from
Use this box to choose which booklet on your hard phonograph record Setup will remove MathType from. Use the Browse clitoris to navigate to a folder. Click OK to begin the removal march. Click Exit to close Setup and abort the removal.
Installing over an older version
MathType 5/6.x and MathType can not be installed simultaneously, and MathType initiation process removes MathType 5/6.x You ‘ll inactive be able to exchange documents containing MathType 5/6.x equations as the equations are fully compatible. If you ‘re presently using an earlier version ( 3.x or before ) you have the choice of overwriting it or installing MathType into another folder. The decision as to whether or not to replace your honest-to-god adaptation of MathType with a new one is one you should consider cautiously.
Overwriting an old version of MathType
If you choose to overwrite the older version of MathType any equations you created with the erstwhile translation will be mechanically updated to the new adaptation of MathType whenever you edit them. normally, this is what you want as it lets you use the features of the new version of MathType when editing your equations. If you send documents containing equations to your friends and associates, converting equations to the raw version is not a problem unless :
- They need to edit the equations ( viewing and printing are not a problem ), and
- They do not have the new adaptation of MathType 7 and are not bequeath to upgrade .
If both of the above are truthful, leave the old adaptation of MathType 7 installed. This means, when you edit old equations the old interpretation of MathType 7 will be invoked. When you create newfangled equations, you will have your option of using the previous or newfangled interpretation of MathType 7
Removing the application
To remove MathType do one of the keep up : Windows:
- Choose Remove MathType from the MathType sub-menu of the Windows Start menu or ,
- Choose Control Panel from the Windows Start menu, then Add/Remove Programs ( or Programs and Features or Apps and Features ), then choose MathType from the list of obliterable applications .
- In a Finder window, go to
Applications/MathTypeand run the Uninstall MathType application .
This will run MathType 7 Setup with the Remove option pre-selected. Follow the instructions presented in Setup ‘s dialogs.
Checking for the latest version
MathType supports both automatic and manual of arms check to find out if a newer adaptation of MathType 7 is available. The checks access the latest MathType adaptation information via your Internet connection. After checking the version, a dialogue will be displayed letting you know the results of the comparison. MathType will normally perform this discipline once a month. If you want to check more frequently, manually choose the Check for Latest Version Now… command whenever you want to check for a newer version. This command is in MathType Help menu, under MathType on the Web. note this is not on the MathType tab in Word ; it is in MathType itself. If there is n’t a newer translation of MathType available, the version check may occasionally display information about other Wiris products that have been released. If you ‘d prefer not to see these, either click the Don’t show me this again checkbox in the message, or uncheck the Show Tips dominate on the MathType on the Web sub-menu of the Help menu. note this is not on the MathType pill in Word ; it is in MathType itself. Screen shoot below is from Windows, but it ‘s the same in Mac .