however, for some reason, Windows wholly removed this option with the 8.1 update. thankfully, they have integrated this in their latest and greatest Windows 10. While this is a built-in option, this placid requires some steps to be followed, as the option has been buried deep devour in the Settings app. Let ’ s see how you can do indeed, and correctly utilize the extra pen campaign or SD Card you have lying about.
Read more : Why You Can’t Install Programs Windows 10
install Programs on External Storage on Windows 10
To install Windows 10 apps on an external hard drive or storage, follow the steps described below.
- Firstly, acquire either an SD Card or an external storage device, fit to be attached to your Windows 10 running machine. If you’ve succeeded in the task, quickly connect it, and scrape off all the possible useless files you find. We insist you format the drive for the best results.
- Next up, use the Start Menu to quickly launch the Settings app.
- Now, navigate to System, and then click on the tab named ‘Storage‘. You can now have a visual on the drive or the SD Card you’ve mounted in your Windows 10 machine. If not, make sure your drive is functioning at its peak.
- Next, scroll down, until you find the tab named ‘New Apps Will Be Installed On’, and then select your tertiary drive or SD Card as the primary drive for this task.
- Click on Apply, and call it a day!
note that this operation will work entirely for the programs you install from now on. If you just need to shift some pre-installed programs, then equitable move the facility files to your external drive. From immediately on, all the programs that you install will now be saved in your external SD Card or external repositing. indeed, make certain you don ’ triiodothyronine eject your drive while in some serious tax. If you want to swap the right and left shiner buttons on your personal computer, you should read our guide on the topic equally well .