Install SPSS Statistics for Windows
The stream turn of SPSS Statistics is v27. The installation process for all confirm versions is about identical ; the entirely thing that changes is the version number itself .
- Determine whether your version of Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit. If you are not sure, please check with your local IT provider.
- Download the appropriate SPSS installer for your version of Windows from the CU Software SPSS page.
- After download, double-click the installer to launch it. The installer may take a few minutes to fully launch.
- After launch, the installer will report that it is extracting files. Allow it to continue. The extraction screen may disappear and reappear more than once.
- After extraction is complete, the SPSS Statistics InstallShield Wizard will launch. At the first screen, click next.
- Click the radio button accepting the terms of the IBM License Agreement. Click following
Reading: Install SPSS
- Choose whether or not you wish to install SPSS Statistics Essentials for Python. We recommend you install this. Click the radio button next to your choice, then click future.
- If you chose to install SPSS Essentials for Python, accept the license terms and click adjacent.
- Accept the terms of the license for SPSS Statistics and click following.
- Choose an installation folder location. We recommend you choose the default location. Click next.
- The installer will verify that the installation location has sufficient space to install. After it passes this check, click the install button.The installer will take several minutes to run.
- When the installer has completed, click finish.
- IBM SPSS Statisticsshould then automatically launch. On the Registration screen, choose the second option and click the License product button.
- The SPSS License Authorization Wizard should launch, and display the License Status window. The windows should show a two-week trial license. Click adjacent.
- In the product authority windows, choose your license type. If you are installing a standalone license of SPSS (most customers), choose the Authorized User License option. If your department uses a local SPSS license server to activate, choose the Concurrent User License. Click adjacent.
- Enter the SPSS Authorization Code you received at purchase. If you do not have your code, you can look it up online via the CU Software Online Store. For instructions on looking up your code, please see How to Look Up Your Software License Codes. After you have entered your code, click next.
- The authorization window will attempt to authorize your copy of SPSS Statistics over the Internet. If successful, it will display the message: successfully processed all codes. Click following.
- The Licensing Completed window should then show your product expiration date as the final date of the current license term. Click complete.
Your copy of SPSS Statistics is installed and activated. It now should be cook for use .
Install SPSS Statistics (Mac)
You must run the SPSS installer from a user bill that has wide Administrator rights on your Mac .
The current publish of SPSS Statistics is v27. The instructions for all back versions are closely identical. filmdom names reflect the interpretation you are installing, and some screens may appear in a different ordering than presented below .
- Download the appropriate installer disk image from the CU Software SPSS page. The file name will be SPSS_Statistics_27_mac.dmg.
- After download is complete, double-click the installer file. A disk image will appear called SPSSStatistics. Depending on your computer’s settings, a Finder window of the same name will also open. If the window does not open by itself, double-click the disk image named above to open the window manually.
- In the SPSSStatistics window, double-click the icon SPSS_Statistics_Installer.
- You may receive a warning, “This is an application downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it?” Click the Open button. You will then be prompted to enter your macOS administrator username and password. Please do so, and click o to continue.
- You may be prompted to install a new Helper application. If you are, allow the installation and click very well.
- In the IBM SPSS Statistics installer window, select your language (English is default) and click oklahoma to start the installation process.
- On the initiation screen, click next.
- On the License character window, select the Authorized drug user license radio button, then click next. (Note: If you are installing SPSS onto a machine that will be part of a local network/concurrent license, select the Concurrent drug user license option instead. You will need to have a local SPSS network license server running on your local area network to use this option. Check with your local network administrator for more details.)
- On the License Agreement screen, you must accept the terms of the license. Click future.
- On the Customer information screen, enter the user name you want to use (your NetID would work), and Cornell University as the organization. Click adjacent.
- On the Help Language screen, select any languages in addition to English that you would like the Help screens to display. Click following.
- On the Python Essentials screen, choose whether or not you would like to add this SPSS extension. Click next
. You will also need to accept the terms of this additional license to proceed.
- On the Choose Install Folder window, select or create a folder to hold the installation. We strongly recommend that you choose the default location. Click future.
- On the Pre-Installation Summary screen, review the options you chose and click install. The installer will run for several minutes.
- When the setup wizard has finished, you should see the license screen. If you would like to receive e-mail updates about SPSS from IBM, check the box indicated on the screen. Click do to proceed to license activation.
- On the product authority window, click the License intersection button in the middle section of the screen. Click next.
- Enter the authorization code you received in your SPSS order confirmation, then click next. (If you don’t have your code, you can retrieve it online by following these instructions.)
- If successful, the installer should report “Successfully processed all codes.” Click adjacent.
- Click coating. You have now completed the installation and license the authorization of your new SPSS software.
Update License Code on Existing SPSS Installation
You cannot upgrade your copy of SPSS Statistics by applying the Authorization Code for a newer version. To upgrade, you must first install the new version, then activate it with that version’s Authorization Code.
- In the start menu, select All Programs.
- In your list of programs, you will see a folder called either SPSS or IBM SPSS Statistics. Open that folder.
- In that folder, you will see a program called either SPSS License Authorization Wizard or IBM SPSS Statistics License Authorization Wizard.
- Right-click the License Authorization Wizard icon, and choose Run As Administrator .
- Log in to a Windows user account with full Administrator access rights. (If you do not have a Windows user account with full Administrator rights, please see your local system administrator or technical support provider.) The License Authorization Wizard should then launch.
- The wizard should display the license condition window, which shows the authorization status for all detected SPSS components. Click next.
- On the product mandate window, select the button next to license my merchandise nowadays. Click next.
- Enter the authorization code you received in your SPSS order confirmation, then click future. (If you don’t have your code, you can retrieve it online by following these instructions.)
- If successful, the installer should report “Successfully processed all codes.” Click next.
- Click ending. You have now completed the installation and license the authorization of your new SPSS software.
- In your Applications folder, you should see either an IBM folder or an SPSS folder. Open that folder.
- Inside that folder should be a folder called SPSS 24, 25, 26, or 27 (depending on your specific version). Open that folder.
- You should see an application called License Authorization Wizard. Double-click that program. The License Authorization Wizard should then launch.
- The wizard should display the license condition window, which shows the authorization status for all detected SPSS components. Click adjacent.
- On the product authority window, select the button next to license my product now. Click future.
- Enter the authorization code you received in your SPSS order confirmation, then click future.
(If you don’t have your code, you can retrieve it online by following these instructions.)
- If successful, the installer should report “Successfully processed all codes.” Click future.
- Click finish
. You have now completed the installation and license the authorization of your new SPSS software.
IBM no longer supports versions of SPSS older than version 24, and is not releasing product codes for them. If you had been using an older version of SPSS, you must upgrade to version 24 or later.