Table of Contents
1. Why it’s Important to Learn to Type in Urdu
Learning a new speech is made sol much easier when you ’ re able to read and write/type it. This way, you will :
- Get the most out of any dictionary and Urdu language apps on your devices
- Expand your ability to find Urdu websites and use the various search engines
- Be able to communicate much better online with your Urdu teachers and friends, and look super cool in the process!
2. Setting up Your Computer and Mobile Devices for Urdu
It takes only a few steps to set up any of your devices to read and type in Urdu. It ’ s super-easy on your mobile telephone and tablet, and a bare procedure on your calculator .
On your calculator, you ’ ll first base activate the onscreen keyboard to work with. You ’ ll only be using your sneak or touchpad/pointer for this keyboard. then, you ’ ll want to change the lyric setting to Urdu, so all textbook will appear in Urdu. You could besides opt to use on-line keyboards rather. Read on for the link !
On your mobile devices, it ’ sulfur even easier—you only have to change the keyboard. We besides provide a few alternatives in the class of on-line keyboards and downloadable apps .
3. How to Activate an Onscreen Keyboard on Your Computer
1. Go to System Preferences > Keyboard .
2. Check the option “ Show Keyboard & Character Viewers in Menu Bar. ”
3. You ’ ll see a new icon on the correct side of the main measure ; snap on it and select “ Show Keyboard Viewer. ”
1. Go to Start > Settings > Easy Access > Keyboard .
2. Turn on the choice for “ Onscreen Keyboard. ”
3- Online Keyboards
If you don ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate want to activate your calculator ’ sulfur onscreen keyboard, you besides have the option to use on-line keyboards. hera are some commodity options :
4- Add-ons of Extensions for Browsers
rather of an on-line keyboard, you could besides choose to download a Google elongation to your browser for a terminology remark tool. The Google Input Tools extension allows users to use remark tools in Chrome web pages, for case .
4. How to Change the Language Settings to Urdu on Your Computer
now that you ’ re all set to work with an onscreen keyboard on your calculator, it ’ mho time to download the Urdu terminology pack for your operate on system of choice :
- Windows 8 (and higher)
- Windows 7
- Mac (OS X and higher)
1- Windows 8 (and higher)
- Go to “Settings” > “Change PC Settings” > “Time & Language” > “Region & Language.”
- Click on “Add a Language” and select “Urdu.” This will add it to your list of languages. It will appear as اردو with the note “language pack available.”
- Click on اردو > “Options” > “Download.” It’ll take a few minutes to download and install the language pack.
- As a keyboard layout, you’ll only need the one marked as “Urdu – اردو.” You can ignore other keyboard layouts.
2- Windows 7
1. Go to Start > Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region .
2. On the “ Region and Language ” choice, chink on “ Change Keyboards or other Input Methods. ”
3. On the “ Keyboards and Languages ” pill, click on “ Change Keyboards ” > “ Add ” > “ Urdu. ”
4. Expand the option of “ Urdu ” and then expand the choice “ Keyboard. ” Select the keyboard layout marked as “ Urdu. ” You can ignore other keyboard layouts. Click “ OK ” and then “ Apply. ”
3- Mac (OS X and higher)
If you can ’ triiodothyronine see the linguistic process listed, please make sure to select the correct option from System Preferences > Language and Region
1. From the Apple Menu ( top left corner of the filmdom ) go to System Preferences > Keyboard .
2. Click the Input Sources pill and a tilt of available keyboards and input methods will appear.
3. Click on the summation release, choice “ Urdu, ” and add the “ Urdu ” keyboard .
5. Activating the Urdu Keyboard on Your Mobile Phone and Tablet
Texting and searching in Urdu will greatly help you master the linguistic process ! Adding a Urdu keyboard on your mobile telephone and/or pad is super-easy .
You could besides opt to download an app alternatively of adding a keyboard. Read on for our suggestions .
Below are the instructions for both io and Android mobile phones and tablets .
1. Go to Settings > General > Keyboard .
2. Tap “ Keyboards ” and then “ Add New Keyboard. ”
3. Select “ Urdu ” from the list .
4. When typing, you can switch between languages by tapping and holding on the icon to reveal the keyboard language menu .
1. Go to Settings > General Management > Language and Input > On-screen Keyboard ( or “ virtual Keyboard ” on some devices ) > Samsung Keyboard .
2. Tap “ Language and Types ” or “ + Select Input Languages ” depending on the device and then “ MANAGE INPUT LANGUAGES ” if available .
3. blue-ribbon اردو from the number .
4. When typing, you can switch between languages by swiping the distance bar .
3- Applications for Mobile Phones
If you don ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate want to add a keyboard on your mobile earphone or pad, this is a good app to consider :
6. Urdu Keyboard Typing Tips
Typing in Urdu can be very challenging at first ! therefore, we added here a few useful tips to make it easier to use your Urdu keyboard .
How you type urdu depends on the Urdu keyboard you ’ ra using. If the Urdu keyboard displays all the characters, it ’ south easy to use.
however, if all the characters are not displayed at once, then you can always use the Shift button to use the characters that aren ’ triiodothyronine being displayed .
2- Mobile Phones
If you ’ re using the QWERTY keyboard, then it ’ s identical to any other calculator keyboard. Writing Urdu on this keyboard is relatively easy as compared to the abridge adaptation of the keyboard .
7. How to Practice Typing Urdu
As you credibly know by now, learning Urdu is all about commit, drill, and more drill ! Strengthen your Urdu type skills by writing comments on any of our lesson pages, and our teacher will answer. If you ’ re a UrduPod101 Premium PLUS member, you can directly text our teacher via the My Teacher app—use your Urdu keyboard to do this !