It seems like uTorrent is already play, but not responding. Please close all uTorrent processes and try again .
uTorrent not opening windows 10
The electric potential causes could be the system firewall, Virus malware infection ( most common ) or you have third party antivirus installed such as Avast, which disables the P2P shield have causing uTorrent not opening. furthermore, the incompatibility or outdated translation of the software can be the possible reason for its frequent doss. here different solutions apply to fix if uTorrent not responding to windows 10.
Let ’ s beginning restart windows that help oneself fix if a temp bug prevents uTorrent function normally. Here the solution worked for me: If uTorrent not opening, or display “uTorrent is already running, but not responding” then
- Open task manager using Ctrl + Shift + Esc,
- under process, tab scroll down and locate uTorrent, Right-click on it select end task,
- Press Windows key + R, type %appdata% and click ok,
- scroll down and locate the uTorrent folder open it,
- Now open the updates folder -> delete all files and folders inside there
And now try to open UTorrent. did this specify the trouble ? inactive need aid, follow the solutions listed below .
Check for virus malware infection
Perform a full system scan with windows security ( formally known as windows defender ) to make certain virus malware contagion ( which is most common for this type of trouble ) not causing the problem .
- From the start menu search for Windows security then select the first result,
- Click on Virus & Threat protection -> scan options -> select radio button Full scan and click scan now.
Check Compatibility consequence
If the problem started after the windows 10 upgrade, then it is a possibility of compatibility issues. And running Compatibility Troubleshooter credibly helps fix the trouble .
- End uTorrent task from task manager, or close the application (if running)
- Right-click on the Torrent shortcut icon located desktop select, troubleshoot compatibility.
- The troubleshooting wizard will appear, select option Troubleshoot program
- Next, it will ask, “What problems do you notice?”, checkmark the issue that you are facing, click Next and follow on-screen instructions.
- This will automatically detect and fix if the compatibility issue prevents the application to open.
Reinstall the application
still, need aid ? Let ’ s wholly uninstall uTorrent, restart your computer and then do a fresh install the latest interpretation of uTorrent and see if that makes the problem go away. Uninstall uTorrent from windows 10
- Right-click on the Windows 10 start menu select apps and features,
- Scroll down and locate uTorrent in the list, select it and click on uninstall,
- Click Uninstall in the µTorrent Uninstallation wizard and wait.
- After the uninstallation is completed, restart your computer to take effect.
Install uTorrent on windows10
- Now Head over to the uTorrent official site https://www.utorrent.com/downloads/win
- scroll down and click on download uTorrent classic to download and save the app on your computer.
- Now double click on the setup wizard for uTorrent and follow on-screen instructions to install the software.
- Once done open the app and try add a torrent file for downloading.
Allow uTorrent through Windows Firewall
On the begin, menu research for windows defender firewall and select the first result
- Click on Allow an app or feature through the Windows firewall link
- Click on change settings, now scroll down and locate uTorrent
- Here make sure Public and private options are check marked.
besides, disable proxy following the steps below .
- Press Windows key + R, type inetcpl.cpl and click ok,
- Go to the Connection tab and then select LAN settings.
- Uncheck the box next to Use a proxy server for your LAN.
- click ok and apply
still uTorrent not responding or uTorrent keeps freezing ? We recommend try uTorrent alternatives such as qBittorrent, Deluge, Tixati Cloud Torrent Service Provider such as Offcloud, Bitport, Zbigz and more. FAQ
uTorrent not installing windows 10
Make sure you have administrative privileges to install the lotion on your device. Right-click on the uTorrent setup.exe choose run as administrator, If you have third-party antivirus or security software installed it might prevent the facility. Try to disable security software before install uTorrent .
uTorrent not downloading windows 10
Make certain you have a ferment internet connection to download the digital files via uTorrent. If you are using a VPN, try to disconnect it, besides disable the proxy, which might prevent the download. overt internet properties using inetcpl.cpl, click on the Connections check, then on LAN Settings. here uncheck use a proxy server for your LAN. Check there is sufficient harrow space available for download and store the downpour download files on your local drive.