Fix: Microsoft Office not opening [Word, Excel, PowerPoint]
- Usually, when a program fails to start, it returns an error message letting the user know what’s happening. In this case, Microsoft Office is simply not opening.
- There are a few steps you can take in order to see where the issue is. They include opening the Task Manager or using Safe Mode.
- You should also visit this Microsoft Word section and enjoy the best of this Office application.
- If you aren’t there yet, use the quick solutions from our Windows 10 Troubleshooting Hub.
INSTALL BY CLICKING THE DOWNLOAD FILE
To fix various Windows 10 errors, we recommend Restoro: This software will repair common calculator errors, protect you from file personnel casualty, malware price, hardware failure and optimize your personal computer for utmost performance. specify personal computer issues and remove virus damage nowadays in 3 easy steps :
- Download Restoro PC Repair Tool that comes with Patented Technologies ( patent available hera
- Click Start Scan to find Windows 10 issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Click Repair All to fix issues affecting your computer’s security and performance
- Restoro has been downloaded by 0 readers this month.
Windows 10 users have reported an consequence regarding Microsoft Office versions 2010 and 2013, where products like Word, Excel, or PowerPoint will not open and return no erroneousness or immediate .
In the reports submitted by Windows 10 users, Microsoft ’ sulfur Office suite worked fine for a menstruation of clock, and for no apparent reason, the shortcuts of the different Office components stopped launching the program .
Microsoft Office didn ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate return any error or give any immediate when this publish presented itself. But, by following the steps below, let ’ s promise that you will be able to solve your problems .
Why won’t Office 365 programs open?
sometimes the applications might encounter bugs, and this can result in We ’ re getting things fix Office error while trying to run certain apps .
few users reported that MS Office shortcuts are missing from the Start Menu therefore making them unable to run any of these apps .
Issues with your Microsoft report can besides lead to versatile problems, one of them being There are problems with your account Office error .
What can I do if Microsoft Office is not opening?
1. Open Task Manager
If you ’ ve tried to open Microsoft Office Word ( for exemplar ) from your Windows 10 calculator or laptop and it didn ’ t do anything, try opening the Task Manager .
Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc or right-click on the Taskbar and choose Task Manager and take a look either through the open apps or under the Details tab, where you will find it as WINWORD.EXE .
If you see the process there, this means that Windows 10 thinks the platform is loose and will not do anything about it. In this sheath, try to create a new document and right-click it, and blue-ribbon Edit .
In some cases, this method has proven utilitarian and might help you in a tight smudge .
2. Go to the source
If your Microsoft Office shortcuts don ’ thymine do anything when you try to launch them, then there might be an write out of communication between the shortcut itself and the actual feasible it should open .
Depending on what Office adaptation you ’ ve installed, you should find them in one of these locations :
- C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice14
- C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft OfficeOffice14
Try launching the joyride you need from here, if it works, then your shortcut was to blame. Create a new shortcut for the Office components you use and replace the defective ones .
3. Use Safe Mode
Starting an Office intersection in safe Mode is reasonably childlike, as it was in previous Windows versions .
good open the Run utility ( Windows samara + R ) and type in the name of the merchandise you want to follow by /safe .
For example, if you wish to open Microsoft Excel in Safe Mode, character in excel /safe .
4. Use a Microsoft Office alternative
In case you need to sidestep this Office consequence, it might be useful for you to consider another document management suite .
WPS Office Suite is a legitimate alternative for Microsoft Office due to the effective management of documents across multiple devices. You can therefore edit and manage your files on Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, or io .
There are enough Office apps on the grocery store capable to provide extra rate. Hence, this alternative provides Writer, Spreadsheet, or Presentation document tools .
Plus, it supports 47 charge formats and it ’ s available for many languages out there .
⇒ Get WPS Office
5. Repair or Reinstall
Expert Tip: Some personal computer issues are hard to tackle, specially when it comes to corrupt repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an mistake, your system may be partially broken. We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start rectify .
last, if you ’ ra left with no other solution, try using the Repair feature. You can access this by opening Control Panel – > Programs and Features -> locate Microsoft Office and select Change from the top menu .
In the window that appears, choose Repair and follow the sorcerer. If this does not fix your issue, then you should uninstall Microsoft Office and perform a clean install.
More information on Microsoft Office uninstall and reinstall can be found here.
6. Install Windows updates
Microsoft regularly releases updates for Microsoft Office ( and early in-house features and programs ) through Windows Update .
so, if your current version of Office is disrupted in some way, there ’ s a luck a new update will fix it. And it doesn ’ t necessarily need to be an Office update .
possibly some early features installed on your computer are interfering with Office, preventing you from accessing it. In both cases, installing clean updates can resolve the problem .
To install the latest updates on your computer, merely go to Settings > Update & Security, and check for updates .
If you ’ ra having issues opening the Setting app, take a look at this article to solve the issue .
7. Uninstall Windows updates
- Go to Settings.
- Now, go to Updates & Security > Windows Update.
- Go to Update history > Uninstall updates.
- Now, find the latest Office update installed on your computer (you can sort updates by date), right-click it, and go to Uninstall.
- Restart your computer.
now, let ’ s do the entire opposition of the previous solution. If the problem started to manifest after you ’ ve updated your Office suite, then you can easily uninstall the latest updates and see if this fixes your trouble .
8. Disable Add-Ins
- Open the troublesome app.
- Go to File > Options.
- Click Add-Ins, and then disable all add-ins.
- Restart the program, and run it without any add-ins enabled.
sometimes, damaged add-ins may block your Word/Excel/PowerPoint from opening any document .
Since you can ’ t know for certain which circuit board causes the problem, we recommend uninstalling all of them and then installing one by one again .
That room, you ’ ll be able to find out which one causes problems. The undertaking is time-consuming, but you don ’ metric ton truly have besides many choices .
9. Make sure Office is activated
If your copy of Microsoft Office Suite is not genuine, you won ’ thyroxine be able to open any Office app. technically, you ’ ll be able to open any course of study normally, but you can ’ t do anything with it .
You can ’ t create modern documents, or open and edit existing documents. It ’ randomness equitable an empty blast. so, make sure your position is by rights activated, and try to run in once again .
10. Remove Word Registry Keys
- Go to Search, type regedit, and open Registry Editor.
- Navigate to one of the following paths:
- Word 2002: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftOffice10.0WordData
- Microsoft Word 2003: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftOffice11.0WordData
- Word 2007: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftOffice12.0WordData
- Word 2010: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftOffice14.0WordData
- Microsoft Word 2013: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftOffice15.0Word
- Word 2016: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftOffice16.0Word
- Now, just click on the Data key, and delete it.
- Restart your computer.
If you specifically have problems with opening Word, we ’ ll hear to delete some register keys. Hopefully, the program will work after that .
11. Remove old printer drivers
And ultimately, some users have besides reported that having erstwhile printer drivers installed on your Windows 10 personal computer prevents Microsoft Office from working. You have to remove your old printer drivers and install up-to-date ones .
alternatively, you can use dedicated uninstaller software to mechanically remove old printer drivers from your personal computer .
Third-party uninstaller software can scan your personal computer for any leftover files related to your specific app and permanently remove them .
After you finish removing your honest-to-god drivers, hindrance to see if the problem persists .
That ’ s about it. We surely hope at least one of these solutions helped you resolve the problem with Microsoft Office .
If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions, barely let us know in the comments down below .
furthermore, keep in mind that this problem chiefly occurs with Microsoft Word. however, we ’ ve detailed solutions that apply to all Office programs, however :
- Microsoft Word not opening
- There are times when trying to open any Word document leads to the same result: you just cannot get passed the opening blue box.
- Word documents not opening
- Users often complain that double-clicking a Word document (.doc or .docx) is useless. They cannot open a Word file or the file icon is blank.
- Microsoft Office won’t open on Windows 10
- Even more, you may face the unfortunate situation of having Office completely unable to open. Apply the above solutions and confirm the one that’s successful in your case.
still having issues ? Fix them with this instrument :
Restoro has been downloaded by 0 readers this calendar month .
Was this page helpful?
There are 2 comments