If you are experiencing problems with your sound not working, or your system says it ’ s missing the Realtek audio drivers then don ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate panic because it ’ s not besides unmanageable to install them .
An audio driver is basically the software that helps your engage system to talk to your sound recording devices such as ; speakers and sound cards etc. That is why it ’ s so it is important to keep them updated .
If your system already has the Realtek audio drivers installed then just make sure you keep them updated to the latest interpretation. This will help to prevent any sound issues from occurring on your Windows 10 personal computer or laptop. If you were wondering how to install the drivers in Windows 11, then it is a alike process.
What Is Realtek Audio Driver?
If your personal computer or Laptop is using a Realtek sound recording adapter or sound card then it will need the Realtek audio driver installed to work by rights. Without the driver installed then you will experience issues in Windows 10 such as :
- No sound
- Speaker icon has a red cross
- Missing Realtek Audio Manager
- Realtek sound adapter missing
- Sound issues
So the audio driver is what makes your Realtek adapter/card oeuvre properly .
Updating the driver can help resolve issues with sound not working in Windows 10. It can besides add new features to the Realtek audio director .
Another big thing about updating your drivers is that it can besides iron out any bugs and issues with previous Realtek audio drivers, which could help fix problems with Windows 10 crash. If you do detect that a certain driver is causing you issues then you can always uninstall it from your window personal computer .
Can Anyone Install Realtek HD Audio Driver?
No, unfortunately not. As we said above, the Realtek sound recording driver is for a Realtek audio adapter/sound calling card so the driver will not work for everyone .
You need to ensure you have compatible hardware, so to find out if you are using a Realtek audio adapter you can do this two ways :
- Visit the website where you purchased your computer from and see if it is listed as the audio device
- Check Windows Device Manager to see if your computer already has a Realtek audio driver version installed already
Related: How to uninstall Realtek Audio drivers in Windows 10
How To install Realtek HD audio drivers:
Before you begin to download the Realtek drivers, make certain you save any function. You will need to restart your system at the conclusion of the steps below .
1. Click on the be Realtek link here
2. once on the Realtek audio drivers download page select the interpretation driver for your Windows operate system ( You will need to know if you have 32-Bit or 64-Bit )
3. Click on “ Download now ” > Once downloaded run the frame-up
4. Press Next and follow any steps
5. If you already have Realtek audio drivers installed then the install will remove the old drivers first
6. It will then ask you to restart your personal computer > Select “ Yes, I want to restart my computer now ” > Click on Finish
7. once the install has finished and you have restarted your system, you should now have successfully installed the Realtek audio drivers
How to check Realtek drivers are installed properly
You can double-check if the driver was installed successfully :
1. Click on the speaker icon in the Windows 10 system tray
2. Make sure the end product device says Realtek ( you may need to change the output device )
That is how you update your Realtek HD sound recording driver to the latest adaptation on your Windows 10 personal computer or laptop.
Read more : Why You Can’t Install Programs Windows 10
If you are distillery having issues with the sound recording or sound not working on your calculator then check this trouble-shoot guide for audio problems in Windows 10 .
You can besides view our early Windows 10 guides hera .
Check out our YouTube video here on How To Install Realtek HD Audio Drivers In Windows 10 if you are getting stick .