This can happen due to a phone number of reasons such as insufficient permissions, generic bugs, and corrupt Windows Installer service. Below, we will take a look at seven troubleshooting methods that you can try if the Windows Installer is not working on your windows personal computer .
1. Restart Your PC
We will be starting with a basic, but effective trouble-shoot method acting — restarting your personal computer. There are times when you can not install anything on your personal computer because of a impermanent bug within the system .
Most of the time, rebooting your system can do the magic trick in such cases. so, we recommend that you restart your personal computer and then try installing the desired software again. If this method does not work, startle to the future method acting below .
2. Run the File as an Administrator
You might besides be unable to install the ask software or application because you do not have sufficient permissions to perform such an action. In this character, you should try running the facility file as an administrator to gain full entree and see if that helps .
If you are using an organizational personal computer, then you must contact the administrator for aid. however, if you are using your personal computer, follow the steps mentioned below to run the file as an administrator :
- Right-click on the installation file and choose Run as administrator from the context menu.
- Click Yes in the User Account Control prompt to proceed.
nowadays, wait for the facility work to begin and check if you can install the software without any problems .
3. Run Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter
Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter is offered by Microsoft to fix issues about all types of issues that can occur during the facility or removal of programs .
To get started, you must first download the troubleshooter from Microsoft ’ s web site. Once it is downloaded and installed, you can run it. It will identify issues within the system that might be blocking the installation/uninstallation process and fix them. In case the emergence is being caused by corrupt Registry keys, it will fix them angstrom well .
here is how you can use it :
- Launch your browser and head over to the Troubleshooter’s download page.
- Click on the Download button and wait for the file to download successfully.
- Once done, click on the downloaded file to open and install it.
- In the following dialog, click Next. This should begin the initial scan.
- Now, choose whether you are facing the issue with installing software or uninstalling it. In this case, we will choose the Installing option.
- Next, choose the application you are having issues with. If you cannot find it, click on Not Listed at the top of the list.
- Click Next.
- The troubleshooter will now scan the system and Registry for issues. If any problems are found, it will suggest fixes. If it does, click on Apply this fix to proceed.
- If the troubleshooter could not identify the problem, click on Close the troubleshooter.
Another way to identify issues within the system that might be the perpetrator in this publish is by running the DISM and SFC scans. Both these utilities are specifically designed for troubleshooting purposes, and can pinpoint the problem adenine well as fix it in no time .
4. Restart Windows Installer Service
The Windows Installer Package depends upon the Windows Installer avail to function. If the Windows Installer service stops by chance or is merely not working as it is supposed to, you are likely to encounter issues while installing apps and software.
The solution to this is quite elementary, as restarting the Windows Installer service can do the problem in most cases .
Follow these steps to proceed :
- Press Win + R together to open Run.
- Type services.msc in Run and hit Enter.
- In the following window, look for Windows Installer service and right-click on it.
- Choose Properties from the context menu.
- Now, click on the Stop button in the Properties dialog.
- Wait for a few seconds and click Start.
- Expand the dropdown for Startup type and choose Automatic.
- Click Apply > OK to save the changes.
You can immediately close the Services window and see if the issue is resolved .
5. Repair the Problematic App
If you are encountering issues with the Windows installer package while trying to update an application, then there is a gamble that the issue is within the application and not the installer .
If this scenario applies to you, then you can repair the debatable app via Windows Settings, and see if it makes any difference .
here is how you can do that :
- Press Win + I together to open Windows Settings.
- Choose Apps from the list of options available.
- Click on Apps & features from the left pane and look for the problematic app on the right side of the window.
- Click on it and choose Advanced options.
- In the following window, head over to the Repair section and click on the Repair button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
once the app is repaired, try updating it again and see if you can do it now without any problems .
An outdated operate organization can besides prevent you from installing or updating applications on your system since it is uncongenial .
If there are pending updates that need to be installed on your system, we suggest you take your time to install the updates by rights. In case the issue at hired hand was arising due to incompatibility, updating the oculus sinister can fix it .
7. Re-Register the Windows Installer
In the concluding method, we will re-register the Windows Installer on Windows using Command Prompt .
This procedure might take a fiddling while, then hang it there. After the Command Prompt executes entered commands successfully, you can restart your personal computer to implement the changes.
Download and Run Your Favorite Programs
Installing new programs and updating the old ones should be a painless process, and the methods we have mentioned above will ensure this. however, if you have come this far without finding a feasible pay back, then we suggest you connect with the Microsoft official defend team and report the exit to them .