The Windows 10 USB initiation media can be used to install Windows 10 from USB, or to repair a damaged Windows 10 initiation .
1. A Windows 10 ISO image file.
2. Rufus USB Boot Creator Utility.
3. An EMPTY USB Disk with at least 8GB storage space.
How to Create a Bootable Windows 10 USB Flash Drive using RUFUS utility.
Step 1. Download Windows 10 in a ISO file.
First of wholly, proceed and download a legally copy of Windows 10 in a ISO charge. To do that, follow the instructions from one of these tutorials :
Step 2: Download RUFUS USB Boot Creator Utility*.
The next step is to download the Rufus USB godhead utility, which is an excellent tool to create a Windows bootable USB flash driveway, to install or to repair Windows .
1. Go to the official Rufus download page and download the latest adaptation of RUFUS USB Bootable Creator Utility on your calculator .
Step 3. Burn Windows 10 ISO to USB with RUFUS utility.
1. Remove all USB repositing drives from your computer and ballyhoo an EMPTY * USB pin ( minimum 8GB ) to an empty USB port .
Attention: DO NOT leave your files on the USB lodge, because all files will be erased during this operation.
2. now double-click to run “ rufus ” application .
( When Rufus utility starts… )
3. Choose the empty USB stick that you plugged in your calculator .
4. Click SELECT .
6. Select the Windows 10 ISO file from your computer ( e.g. Windows.iso ) and choose “ Open ” .
7. now, proceed as follows according your encase :
Case A. If your computer supports UEFI, then apply the trace settings in RUFUS ( see Screenshot 1 ) :
- At Partition scheme choose GPT
- At Target system,
Read more : Why You Can’t Install Programs Windows 10
select UEFI (non CSM). *
- At File system select: FAT32.
- At Cluster size, leave the default 16 kilobytes (default).
- Under New Volume Label, you can type any volume name for the USB disk.
- Press the Start button.
* Notes :
- UEFI supports only 64 bit Windows.
- In order to boot from a UEFI USB flash drive, you must apply these settings in BIOS:
- Set the Boot configuration to: UEFI
- Temporarily set the Secure Boot to: Disabled (until Windows installation is finished)
- Temporarily set the Fast Boot to: Disabled (until Windows installation is finished)
( Screenshot 1 : For a UEFI system )
Case B. If your computer supports LEGACY ( or UEFI is Disabled ), then apply the following settings in RUFUS ( see Screenshot 2 ) :
- At Partition scheme choice MBR.
- At Target system, select BIOS (or UEFI-CSM).
- At File system select: NTFS.
- At Cluster size, leave the: 4096 bytes (default).
- Under New Volume Label, you can enter any volume name for the USB disk.
- Press the Start button.
* Notes :
- Non UEFI (legacy) supports both 32 & 64 bit Windows.
- In order to boot from a non UEFI USB flash drive, you must apply the following setting in BIOS:
a. Set the Boot configuration to : Legacy .
( Screenshot 2 : For non-UEFI organization )
8. Read cautiously the warn message and press “ OK ” .
( Wait until Rufus utility erases your USB stick and transfers Windows 10 ISO files )
9. When Rufus operation is completed, close Rufus utility program, unplug the USB stick and use it to troubleshoot Windows 10 or to perform a clean OS initiation .
– In order to boot from the USB magnetic disk, you must set the USB as first boot device from your BIOS settings.To do that :
- Power On your computer and press “DEL” or “F1” or “F2” or “F10” to enter BIOS (CMOS) setup utility. *
* bill : The means to enter into BIOS Settings depends on the calculator manufacturer. If your calculator supports UEFI, weight-lift the the represent release according to your calculator ’ south manufacturer instructions. ( e.g. In Sony Vaio laptops that corroborate UEFI, you have to press the “ ASSIST ” key on your laptop, while your laptop is Powered-OFF ) .
- In BIOS menu, find the “Boot Order” setting.
(This setting is commonly found in the”Advanced BIOS Features” menu).
- At “Boot Order” setting, set the USB disk (e.g. USB-HDD) as the first boot device.
- Save and exit from BIOS settings.
That ‘s it !
Even $1 can a make a huge difference for us in our effort to continue to help others while keeping this site free:
If this article was useful for you, please consider supporting us by making a donation.in our feat to continue to help others while keeping this site free :
We ‘re looking for part-time or full-time technical writers to join our team ! It ‘s about a distant put that qualified technical school writers from anywhere in the world can apply. Click here for more details .
constantly protected from malware threats, existing and future ones, we recommend that you install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO by clicking below (we
do earn a commision from sales generated from this link, but at no additional cost to you. We have experience with this software and we recommend it because it is helpful and useful):
Full household PC Protection – Protect up to 3 PCs with NEW Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium!
If you want to stayfrom malware threats, , we recommend that you installby clicking below ( we do earn a commision from sales generated from this link, but at no extra cost to you. We have experience with this software and we recommend it because it is helpful and useful ) :